Welcome to the Membership Development Committee activities! 2018 Membership Committee. The IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society members enjoy many benefits and services: Publications, Conferences, Student Activities, Chapters, Distinguished Lecturer Program, Awards, and networking with others in your field through our IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement LinkedIn Group.
If you are not a member, I invite you to join us! It's easy. Go to the Instrumentation & Measurement page on the IEEE web site, and choose the option best for you.
Purpose: To promote and improve the services for African members of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Society through specific unique actions to be carried out in 2017.
- The I&M Society financial support must be used for the purpose of membership development, such as attracting new members, working with local student branches, or improving the value and quality of membership of our current members.
- The financial support is mainly intended to be provided in the form of free IEEE and I&M membership or conference registration fees, free visits and seminars from Distinguished Lecturers to African IEEE Sections and other value-added services or products.
- Events can also be funded with the following caveats: (i) the events must be reasonably well-publicized such that local IEEE and/or I&M members will be aware of them; (ii) funds may not be used for private events; (iii) funds will be transferred to the local IEEE Sections.
- Within one month of the completion of the activity, a detailed report, including the results or metrics outcomes must be submitted to Sergio Rapuano, Chair of the I&M Africa Initiative ad-hoc Committee.
- The total program budget for 2017 is $10,000.00. The financial support will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The deadline for application is Oct. 1, 2017.
- Name, contact information, and IEEE member number for Proposer/Applicant.
- Proposal detailing the purpose for the financial support request, the location and date of the event.
- Detailed budget indicating total amount requested and how the financial support will be used. The initial budget included in the application package can be an estimate, but a revised budget will be required prior to receiving funds.
- Expected results and how the proposed activity will contribute to the expected results - For example, expected results might include increase in membership, better membership experience for existing members, student motivation, etc., with a description of how the proposed activity will contribute to these results.
- Metrics – How will you measure the success of your activity? For example, the metrics could include the number of attendees who have never attended an I&M event in the past, number of new members who joined I&M Society, number of student attendees, number of surveys completed by the attendees, or other outcomes.
The total application information cannot exceed three pages, A4 format, 10 pt characters.
- Submit your proposal electronically to Sergio Rapuano, chair I&M Africa Initiative ad-hoc Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests can be submitted at any time throughout the year prior to the deadline of Oct. 1, 2017.
- The I&M Africa Initiative ad-hoc Committee will review your proposal shortly after it is submitted and provide you with feedback as to its potential for funding.
- All applicants will be notified no later than November 1, 2017, as to whether their proposals have been approved for funding.
- The I&M Africa Initiative ad-hoc Committee reserves the right to propose changes to your proposal.
- Some types of advance fund transfers require at least three weeks to complete. Please incorporate this time period into your planning.
- A report on the completed initiative that includes the outcomes should be submitted to Sergio Rapuano by March 1, 2018.
- Provide travel expenses for a guest speaker. (Note: there is also an “IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program,” which is separate from this process.)
- Provide support for local lodging and food expenses of a Distinguished Lecturer (Note: the “IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program” already covers the travel expenses of the DLs).
- Provide the improvement of didactic equipment for University subjects in instrumentation and measurement.
- Organize a local game or contest.
- Create a local network of IMS members to support the future formation of a Chapter or Student Branch Chapter.
Budget item examples:
- Travel expenses
- Lodging expenses,
- Meeting Room Rental,
- Audio-visual rental,
- Membership fees,
- Conference registration fees,
- Printed materials,
- Other expenses (please specify)
- Total cost (sum of all the items above)
IMS Members - Looking for information on Instrumentation and Measurement-related jobs? Simply visit http://jobs.ieee.org to search for available positions.
Employers – if you wish to post an I&M-related position, this can also be done at http://jobs.ieee.org.
Please take time to browse this I&M Society web site. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me or I&M Chapter Liaison, Sergio Rapuano.
Congratulations to our latest Senior Member elevations! Click here to view our newly elevated 2017 Senior Members.