How to Become An Associate Editor for TIM
The selection process of Associate Editors is automatic and by invitation only. As such, please do NOT apply yourself or nominate someone for this position.
Associate Editors are selected based on the current topics of need, from TIM's existing reviewer database, and according to the following criteria:
- Must have done at least X reviews in the past Y years for TIM;
- Must have published more than Z papers in TIM;
- Must have satisfactory average review time and percentage on time metrics;
- Must have an average reviewer ranking score of 80% or above; this is the score that the Associate Editor gives to the reviewer each time the reviewer submits a review;
- Cannot be a student at any level (undergraduate, Master's, Ph.D.) Postdocs are eligible.
X, Y (usually 5), and Z are determined based on the available candidates and the number of AEs needed. The EiC will contact candidates that meet the above criteria and invite them to submit their CV for consideration.
To become a reviewer for TIM, please see here.